This week i was set the task of creating a Personal Appraisal, so that i can pinpoint certain things about my character and about the direction in which i am heading.
Appraisal offers a valuable opportunity to focus on work activities and goals, to identify and correct existing problems, and to encourage better future performance. Thus the performance of the whole organization is enhanced.
The 4 main reasons for Appraisal are:
Motivation and Satisfaction – Performance appraisal can have a profound effect on levels of employee motivation and satisfaction – for better as well as for worse.
Training and Development – Performance appraisal offers an excellent opportunity – perhaps the best that will ever occur – for a supervisor and subordinate to recognize and agree upon individual training and development needs.
Recruitment and Induction – Appraisal data can be used to monitor the success of the organization’s recruitment and induction practices.
Evaluation – At its most basic level, performance appraisal is the process of examining and evaluating the performance of an individual.
So within these four values, i was set a specific set of questions on how to construct this task.
– What is my Ultimate Vision?
– Why am I Doing This?
– 3 areas to strive for?
– Define a set of goals that i want to achieve.
Those are four questions that can help to define your reasons for the job, task, project, challenge of which you are undertaking. Take time to think about each area, as it will help you to understand yourself and your thinking. Be clear and honest, and try not to think too hard about it, as the answers are within you, and not within research.
As this blog acts as a diary of my thoughts, and i want to be able to help others with my knowledge and understanding, i have decided to lay out my answers below. They are honest and i hope it helps you to put together your own thoughts and visions.
Note: This is a personal performance appraisal, directed at my path within Digital and Social Media and learning to become a life skills coach. The answers may not work for you also.
My Ultimate Vision
The vision and plan is to create a financially free life style by working in various areas of Digital and predominantly public speaking to organizations about standard intrinsic life skills that most people ignore. I want to educate anyone who wants to listen and build up a reputation to be a successful life coach within the industry.
Why am I Doing This?
1) Because i have found that i understand the industry and the market 2) To prove to myself and those around me that i have the ability to succeed in a chosen path and create something from nothing.
I have participated in many different areas of business and have found that the one trait that i take with me into all areas is Leadership. I have an organic skill at being able to inspire and motivate others and find that i am at my peak when all those around me are benefiting from advice i have offered. While i am growing every day, i feel that my knowledge and understanding of leadership and motivational strategy is at a substantial level to offer advice to others, but still find that using the information for my own understanding is more difficult, mainly due to fear factors that i need to combat based around success and failure.
3 areas to strive for:
– To contribute something positive to humanity. This can be accomplished through inventing a great product or service, establishing a charity which really causes results, or becoming an asset to society.
– To develop a vision and life path and be confident that this path will lead me to personal success and happiness. The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but living without a purpose.
– To understand that life is short and the more we procrastinate that more of life we waste away. I want to provide myself with the opportunity to experience as much of the world and different cultures as possible.
Clearly defined goals in what you want to achieve:
– I want to create a clear cut goal setting theory that simplifies the path from idea to execution. This would mean an improvement of my planning and strategic methods.
– To be healthy in body and mind: By regularly taking part in fitness and living a healthy lifestyle, waking up early everyday and creating a winning routine that i stick to.
– To be part of a leading organization within the industry, not as an employee, but as an influencer, partner or creator.
– To have a leading reputation of helping people to achieve in their projects, and create a personal product ie: a website or book that means i do not need to qualify myself to get clients.
– To be financially free, with a significant income, shares in business and beginning on the property ladder.
– Finally, to be able to look after my parents financially so they no longer have to worry.
Any questions or feedback would be appreciated, if you could leave a comment below.